Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Teaser Tuesday!!

Teaser Tuesday!!

This weeks teaser is from Blood, Book 2 in The Vampires of Linbridge Series. Enjoy!!

****

          “I have one question.” I begin. “Why did you do it, why did you bring Clara here?”
          He sighs while rubbing the back of his neck. “At first I thought it would be a good idea. I thought that she could keep you safe. I never expected her to be so vindictive. When she proposed the idea of joining our clan again I didn’t think twice. I was jealous of what you had with Ivan.”
          “Clara convinced me that it was a great idea. I had no idea that she’d completely push you out. Before I realized it she had her claws deep into Ivan, and you…you were out of my reach.” He adds.
          “Why didn’t you just talk to me?” I push.
          “I didn’t think that you’d listen.” He breathes out. “You were so wrapped up in Ivan that you barely noticed me, or even James, for that matter.”
          “Erik, I had no idea how this clan thing was supposed to work. No one told me that I couldn’t just be with Ivan.” I argue.
          “That’s my fault. I shouldn’t have allowed it to happen.” Erik replies.
          “I’m sorry, Harper. I can’t say it enough how sorry I am.” He then breathes out.
          I nod and then stand back up. “My heart has ached every day since I watched the three of you kiss Clara at the club. The only other time I felt that pain was when Finnick broke my heart.”
          “Everyone I’ve ever loved has broken my heart.” I whimper.
          “I can’t speak for the others but as long as I live I will never break your heart again, Harper. I want you and only you. Right now you hold my heart in your hands.” Erik replies before pausing briefly. “If you want me I’ll stay and if you want me to leave, I will.”
          “Erik…” I breathe out as I bow my head. “I don’t want you to leave. I never wanted you to leave. Even while I was with Ivan I felt something for you, you know that, and that’s why what you did hurt so much.”
          “What do you want me to do?” Erik asks softly as he takes another step closer to me.
          He lifts my chin to look into my eyes but I shrug his hand away. He sighs softly before kneeling down in front of me. I bite my lip as he gazes up at me while his hands grip my hips.
          “Please, forgive me, Harper. I’ll get on my knees everyday and beg for your forgiveness if that’s what it takes.” He pleads.
          Reaching down I place my hand against his cheek. He leans into my touch.
          “I can’t forgive you, Erik. I will someday, but not right now.” I whisper gently. “Give me time.”
          He nods and then closes his eyes.
          “Erik…” I whisper.
          “Yes…” He replies hoarsely as he reopens his eyes.
          “I still love you.” I insist sincerely.

****

Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher