Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tuesday Teaser

Tuesday Teaser!!

Here's a throw back to an older work of mine. I just went through it, updating and editing. Even after all this time it still gets to me. My heart is in this story and no matter how many times I read it I can't help but love it. If you haven't read it you should go check it out.

This is a short teaser from Losing Levi

****

“Is she okay, Logan?” Dax asks quietly.
“I’m not sure, Dax,” Logan whispers.
I groan and open my eyes a little. Unfortunately, the voices I hear and the face that comes into view are completely different.
I look deep into the green eyes that I loved so much and smile.
“I miss you, Levi,” I whisper and then close my eyes tightly as I listen to their voices again.
“Damn, she really is messed up, isn’t she?” Dax states quietly.
“Yeah, you would be too if you lost someone that you loved. It’s not something that goes away overnight, and from the little she told me yesterday she only just lost the guy.” Logan explains.
“That really does suck.” Dax’s voice pauses and then continues. “That guy you saw her with last night, she told us that was her brother. I just figured I’d tell you that so you wouldn’t be mad about it when she does finally come back around.”
“She said he was her brother?” Logan asks with a hint of relief in his voice.
“Yeah, it was her half-brother. You must really like her, cause I’ve never seen you so mad about seeing a girl with another guy.” Dax snorts.
Logan answers after a few moments of silence. “I like her, but she will never fill Maggie’s place, no one will.”
Their voices go silent as I drift off into a deeper sleep.



****

Happy Reading!!



Raven K. Asher