Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Teaser Tuesday!!

Teaser Tuesday!!

Here's a small teaser from Erik's point of view. 

****

“What the hell were you thinking?” Godric snarls.
I open my mouth to speak but he continues on. “How could you be so stupid? I know I’ve taught you better than this. I gave you time to fix this on your own and you didn’t.”
“Now, it’s too late.” He snarls.
“Where is she Godric?” I question him.
He remains silent. It isn’t until I hear an engine start that I realize where she is. Without thought I run out of the room and through the front door just in time to see the car pull away.
I stand there helplessly as I watch her disappear down the road.
After a few moments I return to the kitchen.
Ivan snarls as he stands to his feet. “Where is she?”
“She’s gone.” I answer him.
“You let her get away?” He bites out.
“Yes.” I reply simply.
“She killed Clara.” Ivan growls out.
Before I can say another word Godric steps between us. “Did you expect Harper to lie down and take this, Ivan? Did you expect her to stand by and watch you parade around with another girl, one that you didn’t belong with?” Godric fires off.
“You’re damn lucky she didn’t kill you.” He adds seriously.
“I’m going to kill her.” Ivan growls out.
“No. You’re not.” Godric replies sternly.
“She has to pay for what she’s done.” Ivan argues.
Ivan turns to walk away but Godric growls before he rushes forward. He wraps his hand around Ivan’s throat before slamming his back into the nearest wall.
The plaster cracks and crumbles behind Ivan as the breath leaves his chest.
“No one is going to hurt Harper. She is under my protection.” Godric states with a low warning growl. “If anyone needs punished it’s the three of you.”
“What exactly did we do wrong?” Ivan chokes out stupidly.
He was blind if he couldn’t understand why Harper had lost control. I had realized it too late. I had foolishly thought that this wouldn’t hurt her.
What happened was exactly what we deserved.
“Give it up, Ivan.” I chime in. “We shouldn’t have let this get this far. Godric’s right, we’re the ones who messed up and we’re the ones who paid the price.”
Turning my attention towards Godric I sigh. “Do you know where Harper is going?”
“She’s leaving Linbridge, that’s all you need to know.” He answers.
“Where the hell is she going to go?” Ivan nearly screams.
“It doesn’t matter.” Godric replies. “You didn’t love her anyway.”
“Like hell I didn’t.” Ivan screams.
“Then why in the hell did you bring Clara here? Why the hell did you turn your back on Harper?” Godric argues. “All three of you have been acting like children and I for one am surprised something like this didn’t happen sooner.”
“How do we get her back, Godric?” I ask.
“You don’t.” He answers simply.


****

Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher