Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Alone "Teaser"

Alone


(This story is told from two different point of views, River and Gale)

"Below is a blurb from Gale's point of view"


Stepping out of my jeep as the final infected falls dead to the ground I search for the girl that had just ran right in front of me.
My brother, Evan, exits the jeep along with the two sisters, Abby and Alice, which we had just found a few days before.
“Where did she go?”He questions.
I shake my head as I search for her, or the five infected chasing after her.
I was really hoping that they hadn't caught her.
“I don’t know.”
“Do you think she ran into the trees?” Abby questions while coming up beside me.
Looking in that direction I nod.
She had to have gone into the woods.
Reaching back into the jeep I produce another hand gun with an extra clip and my favorite shotgun.
I was determined to find the girl.
I couldn't leave until I knew whether or not she had gotten away.
So few people had survived the first wave of infected, most died days after being infected, they were the lucky ones.
Some turned into the savage infected that roamed the deserted streets for a meal.
And some, like my brother and I, were immune to the virus that had taken over. Both of us had been bitten within those first days, and both of us were lucky enough to survive.
Those that were left were few and far between, numbering less than a few thousand for the entire continent of North America.
The odds of surviving were against us since the infected far outnumbered the still living.
If I could help at least one survivor out, I would.
And right now she needed my help.
“You’re not seriously going after her are you, Gale?” Alice questions.
“I am. I would have done the same for you and your sister. I have to at least try to save her from being eaten alive.”I state as I glance over to my brother who nods as he reaches for his weapons.
I knew he would have my back no matter what.
“Did you even see that girl? She looked as savage as the beasts chasing her.”Abby whines grating on my nerves for the last time.
It had been nonstop since we had picked them up.
The sisters wanted to sit around and do nothing while my brother and I waited on them hand and foot.
I was tired of it and their selfishness.
“I’m going. I don’t care what you do.”I nearly growl out.
“But who’s going to protect us if the infected come back?”She whines.
I scrub my hand over my face feeling as if I was wasting precious time with her.
She had no concept of life and death.
Just as I open my mouth to say something that I knew would have been nothing less than vicious my brother steps up to my other side and places his hand on my shoulder.
“I’ll hang back here with the princesses. If you need any help just yell and I’ll be right behind you, okay?”
“Alright, I’ll try to hurry.” I walk away. “Make sure you keep an eye on the road.”
The road was a dangerous place to be stopped, but on the road we were on I didn't worry so much about having someone else run into us.
Out of the other people that we had run across that weren't infected less than half had been friendly, the others were dangerous, ruthless, and deadly.
My brother and I had barely escaped some of those people.
Heading into the trees I only hoped I wasn't going to encounter more than I bargained for.

****

Thanks for Reading.
Raven K. Asher


No comments:

Post a Comment