Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Writing Eden One

1 Day Left!!


The Writing of Eden One
(Into the writer's mind)

     First off, let me admit that Eden One came to me as just a title first. I randomly generated the title and absolutely couldn't get it out of my mind. (I do that quite often)

     Days went by as I mulled over what I wanted to write.

     It wasn't until I talked to my husband that I decided to write, Eden One, about space, (we both love movies about space) but then the next thing was what I wanted the story to be about. I knew I wanted to write a novella series and I thought this would be perfect time to try my hand at it.

     So, it went from there, but I still wasn't sure what to do. That is until I woke up from a dream, a bizarre dream, but the beginning dream that breathed life into Eden One.

     From there, I came up with a background story by just imagining what life would be like in the future, or at least what I hope life will be. I imagined us exploring space and planets. (I'm a firm believer in space exploration, and the need to expand ourselves into the universe)

     With that, I just dreamed of what life could be like living on a space station and what life would be like on a random planets, and the ideas just kept rolling from my fingertips.

     This story has really taken on its own personality and life as I explore more into the world I've created in my mind. I mean, it's awesome to be able to create and entire world on your own. I can make anything anyway I want.

     That's he best part about being a writer.

     I get to explore my own mind every day.

     And trust me my mind can sometimes be jumbled full of different worlds just screaming to get out. Eden One is by far my favorite world that I've created though. And even after season one ends I plan on taking the series farther.

     There is so much more to explore and other characters I want to create. My plan is to explore the other space stations, and follow a new set of characters each season.

     There are so many plans, but not enough hours in the day to write. One of the many writer woes. But I wouldn't trade this career for anything, it's been a dream come true.

Thanks for Reading
Raven K. Asher


No comments:

Post a Comment