Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Tuesday Teaser!!


Tuesday Teaser

Today's teaser comes from Eternal the third book in The Vampires of Linbridge Series. I've been typing away like crazy to get it written. I can't wait to share this next book with you guys.
It's going to be so exciting.
Anyway, here it is, your teaser.
It's a little short but it's going to leave you wanting more. Enjoy!!

****

“Do you guys hear that?” James questions while tilting his head to the side. “It sounds like a faint beeping sound.”
‘Guys, there’s a red light flashing in here.’ Silas warns within our minds.
“Damn it.” James curses. “Marcus must have set the locks with a bomb.”
“We have to get him out of there before it blows.” Ivan stresses.
I whimper as I turn in his arms. “This can’t be happening.”
‘There’s a timer.’ Silas announces. ‘I have less than five minutes. You guys better hurry.’
“We’ll get him out, Harper.” Erik promises. “But it might be best if you and Ivan went back by the car just in case this doesn’t go our way.”
“I’m not leaving you.” I argue.
“Maybe if we all work together we can get Silas out before the timer runs out.” Ivan suggests.
Erik and James share a look before nodding in agreement.
“Fine, but the second I tell you to leave you better listen.” Erik explains.
I nod. “I’ll run the second that you tell me to.”
“You better.” He replies.
With his permission Ivan and I jump into the hole and then grab the keys that James holds out for us. We each quickly take a lock and begin the task of unlocking each.
I get lucky and find the right key for the first lock.
Smiling triumphantly I move onto the next while Ivan, Erik, and James work quickly to unlock the others.
“What are we going to do once he’s out?” James questions as he continues to work on one of the locks.
Erik shrugs. “I honestly don’t know.”
“We’re going to have to keep him from killing someone.” Ivan stresses.
“If I’m full then he’ll feel full.” I insist.
“That might not work. We can only guess that the animalistic side of Silas will be present. He’s been starved so the vampire side will have more control. It will also make him dangerous towards us and unpredictable.” Erik replies.
“Oh…” I breathe out.
“We won’t allow anything bad to happen to him.” Ivan promises gently.
I nod and bite my lip as I try another lock.
‘The timer is down to two minutes.’ Silas announces within our minds.
I whimper softly as I try key after key inside the lock in my hand. When none of my keys works tears fill my eyes.
This felt hopeless. We were struggling against time that we really didn’t have.
Giving up on that lock I try another.
Once again none of my keys work. My anger gets the best of me and I slam the lock against the chains as hard as I can.
To my surprise the lock splits in two, freeing a set of chains.
‘Uh, the clock just lost ten seconds.’ Silas warns.
Erik, Ivan, and James curse while I begin to cry.
“Damn it.” Erik breathes out before sharing a look with James.
They have a silent conversation before James releases a heavy breath while shaking his head.
“Luck would have to be on our side.” He states out loud.
“Just count the remaining locks.” Erik demands.
“What are you going to do?” I ask.
“We’re going to see how many locks there are and how much time we would lose by breaking them. If there’s more time on the clock than what we’ll lose then we’ll take the risk. If not…” Erik trails off.
He didn’t have to say the rest. It was easy to fill in what would happen if we ran out of time.
Silas and I would die.

Once James is finished counting the locks he and Erik share another long look before Erik sighs roughly while glancing in my direction.
“What’s wrong?” I press.
He shakes his head. “It’s nothing that you need to worry about, Harper.”
I’m about to argue but Ivan steps in front of me. He places his hands on either side of my face while gazing sadly into my eyes.
“Come on, Harper. We need to go to the car while Erik and James finish this.” He pushes.
I nod and then bite my lip as he picks me up to help me out of the hole. Once he’s out he grabs my hand to pull me away.
A whimper leaves my lips as I continue to watch the hole until it’s nearly impossible to see.
‘Silas…’ I whisper into his mind while closing my eyes.
‘Don’t worry, we’ll be together again really soon.’ He promises.
As we reach the car the sound of metal being broken fills the air. I listen closely as the chains fall away from Silas’s box.
Ivan nervously bites his lip while I wrap my arms around his waist.
Time ticks by at a snail’s pace as we wait.
“They’ll have enough time.” Ivan insists.
I wasn't so confident.


****


Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher