Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tuesday Teaser


Tuesday Teaser

for

The Rebels (The Chosen Series Book 2)


It's been a while since I last posted a teaser. I'm going to try and get back to it so here's the first of more to come. This is a teaser from Book 2 in The Chosen Series. The first part is from Nova's point of view and the second part is from Edric's point of view. I haven't chosen a release date yet but I'm hoping for a Spring release. As soon as I pick a date I'll post it. Enjoy!!
  
****

I can’t believe I actually did it.” I breathe out as I look down at him. “I didn’t think Edric would actually let us kill someone though.”
“He knew that you were proving a point.” Ash replies.
I nod. “I believe I got our point across.”
He nods. “Yes, you did.”
“I think you scared the hell out of Wade.” He adds.
“We should probably talk to him. He’s probably wondering why you looked like a Nokalt.” I sigh. “The last thing we need is for him to tell someone about you.”
“Are you sure we can trust him now?” Ash presses.
“Yes.” I answer confidently.
The Nokalt on the floor suddenly groans and I sigh before closing my eyes. “He’s not dead.”
“It appears not.” Ash replies as he places me on the floor.
“I’ll call for Edric.” I breathe out.
Ash nods and then takes a step back away from me while I grab the necklace around my neck to summon Edric.
Within seconds he appears.
“Take him, he’s not dead.” I state while pointing to the Nokalt lying on the floor.
Without a word Edric moves over to his body before lifting him in his arms. He glances towards me for a moment before disappearing again.
I sigh while turning my attention back towards Ash.
“That was kind of you.” He laughs lightly.
“I’m not a complete monster.” I reply while moving towards him.
“No, you’re not.” Ash replies before he pulls me into his arms. “You still have a soft side to you. No matter what happens you need to hold onto that side.”
“There’s no way I’ll let that side go completely.” I promise.
I smile as I lean close. “Now, kiss me.”
Ash doesn’t hesitate to press his lips to mine.


What the hell was that?” I nearly shout as I join Cato in my room on the station.
“She’s not the girl you knew anymore.” Cato replies. “She’s become ruthless and cruel.”
Ethan laughs from his spot leaning against the wall in the corner. “Did you really expect her to be any other way?”
“She’s out of control.” I breathe out.
“No, she’s pissed.” Ethan replies.
“If you took me back to her I could stop Nova before it gets too out of hand.” He then tries.
“That’s not going to happen.” I sigh while rubbing the back of my neck.
“It wouldn’t be the worst idea. If she stays in control a lot more Nokalt are going to die.” Cato chimes in.
“Shane is still alive.” I announce abruptly.
“Are you sure?” Cato asks.
I nod. “Nova summoned me back. She had me remove him. He was still breathing when I brought him back with me.”
“That means she’s not totally lost.” Ethan states.
“I’ve lost her though. There’s no chance of me getting her back. Ash has chosen her. She’s his now.” I whisper while closing my eyes.
“Are you sure?” Cato pushes.
“I saw the marks with my own two eyes. She didn’t deny it either.” I answer.
Cato curses softly.
The only possible way to get her back now was to either steal her from Ash, which was forbidden here, or I would have to kill him.
“You need to return before someone notices that you’re gone.” Cato suddenly stresses.
The last thing I wanted to do was go back.
“Don’t let what I did be for nothing.” Cato states.
I nod and then sigh roughly before I change my appearance. With my next breath I transport myself back to Wade’s room.


****

Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher