Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!


A day to be grateful, a day to be giving, and a day to be merry. Thanksgiving is a wonderful day to spend with family if you're fortunate to be close to them. It's also a great day to invite a stranger to enjoy a warm meal. It's a day to make new friends and to reunite with old ones.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year and this year I am grateful for many things.

First of all, I am thankful for my father. He was diagnosed with cancer this past August, which is why I've been absent a good bit on this blog. I'm grateful to have him with me this Thanksgiving. After a long surgery and months of recovery, with a lot of huge bumps along the way, he is cancer free. I'm grateful for every doctor and nurse that helped with his recovery.

This Thanksgiving I'll be sending prayers for those who are suffering, for those who haven't been as fortunate. Cancer is a terrible thing and until now I hadn't fully realized the toll it took on the person affected and their family. For that I am grateful to have learned from this experience. My heart goes out to those who suffer alone. My father was blessed to be surrounded by a strong family.

Secondly, I am grateful for my own small family. My husband who has stood by me through thick and thin, and who has loved me nonstop, even on my crazy days. He's my biggest supporter when it comes to my writing career and for that I can never repay him. No matter what he keeps me going, even when I want to stop. He's my light on my darkest days.

My daughters have also been my biggest fans. My oldest can't wait to grow up to be a writer, 'just like mommy'. I couldn't be prouder of them and I'm thankful for the opportunity to be able to be a stay-at-home-mom so I can see them grow into the amazing little ladies that they are today.

Now, I could go on and on with my list of things that I'm thankful for, but I'll end with one last thing that I'm beyond grateful for.

I'm grateful for you, my readers, my fans. Without you I wouldn't be where I am today, following my lifelong dream to become an author. You keep me going and I will never be able to thank you enough.

I hope each and everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Whether it's with family around a table or holding a loved ones hand in a small room I hope no one feels alone. Reach out and embrace someone today, they might need it.

****

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Raven K. Asher