Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2016

What I want from Writing.

A few of my long term goals.



What do I want from writing? It's a simple question but at the same time it can be hard to answer. At first I thought that being on a bestsellers list would be awesome. I thought selling hundreds of stories would be the greatest accomplishment.

Those are great things but after two years at this I've come to find that I want something completely different from my writing career. My goals are simple enough but just like making a bestseller list and selling tons of books it takes a lot of hard work.

The biggest thing I want to gain from my writing is fans. I would give anything to be able to have an entire conversation about one of my stories with a fan. That is the ultimate goal for me. I think it would be epic to have someone want to pick my brain about the scenes and characters that I've created.

Right now I have my husband to run ideas by but he doesn't quite get involved in my stories as much as I would like. I get it though, reading isn't exactly his thing. Other than him I really don't have much in the way of support. For the first year I had my mother-in-law who had time to read my stories over but she's become swamped with work and doesn't have the time now.

So my biggest goal would be to have a group of fans that absolutely love to discuss my stories with me or among themselves. I would even take one really curious fan.

Another goal of mine is to refine my writing to the point where it's nearly perfect. As much I would love to reach this goal it's never going to happen. No one is perfect and writing isn't either. I might be able to perfect my style but there are always going to be mistakes. Near perfect is a reasonable goal to set at least. It gives plenty of room for errors.

One of my other goals was to have my books in paperback and with the help of CreateSpace that goal has already been met. It's an amazing feeling to hold my books in my own hands. There's nothing better than looking on my shelf and seeing my own work on display.

Just having my stories out there for anyone to read is fantastic. It's a dream come true so everything else is just icing on the top.

****

Happy Writing!!


Raven K. Asher