Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The struggles of being a Writer/ Author/ Mom

The struggles of being a Writer, Author, and Mom.


First of all let me begin by saying that I love writing. I live and breath it, but it doesn't always come easy especially when kids are involved. Here are some of my struggles.

1.) Finding time to write. It's the top thing on my list because it is honestly the hardest thing to do no matter how much I'd love to sit down and write.

2.) Keeping a clean house. This is a big issue for me. I have a bad habit of letting things go so that I can carve out time for writing. I have made strides with organizing a chart to keep myself doing at least one task a day to keep things semi clean.

3.) Dinner. It's one simple word but yet so difficult. I love cooking don't get me wrong, it's just that my kids and my husband eat completely differently than me. It doesn't help that we each have our own times when we eat dinners thanks to our schedules. It makes having a dinner together rough to do but we manage to have weekend dinners together.

4.) Family time. Again, it's rough to get everyone in a room together. We manage but I would love to create more time for us.

5.) My emotions. I get stressed easily and that usually turns into a terrible migraine. Lately I've been able to manage not getting myself stressed so much. I also let my emotions get carried away with some of my stories. It's not uncommon to find me crying as I type. Even though they can be bad at times my emotions also help my writing, especially when describing a particularly hard part in a tragic scene. I believe there's a quote out there some where stating 'no tears in the writer no tears in the reader'. Either way it's the stress that pulls me down.


Well, there's my top five struggles of being an author, writer, and mom. What are some of your struggles?

"Writing is a journey, a rough one at times, but no journey is worth taking without the bumps and curves. A straight path just isn't the route for me." - Raven K. Asher

****

Happy Writing

Raven K. Asher