Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2014

Weekly Update 12/1

Weekly Update 12/1

      It's Monday morning and I'm tired, for some reason my mind just wouldn't shut down and let me sleep, but I wanted to share my past weeks success.

     With the holidays in full swing I really didn't think I would reach any of the goals I had set, but by some cosmic aligned luck I met them all, but just barely.

      The goal I set for "Bound" was 5,000 words which wasn't different from the previous weeks goal. I did achieve 6,557 words. This was the one instance I did get to write more than I expected.

      My goal for "A Touch of Frost" was 3,000 words, which was a thousand more words then the previous week. Let me just say that was a difficult goal to reach, I just barely got there with 3,356 words.

     My goal for "The Captured Angel" was 2,000 words, which was the hardest of all the goals to reach. I barely made my goal. It took a good portion of last night to get it done, but I'm happy to say that I did it. I wrote 2,478 words, another big hurdle in getting this book finished.

    Reaching these goals has been quite stressful but in the end I'm glad I've started this little project. It's not only made me work a bit harder but it's also giving me a chance to see how my week progresses.

     My weeks word count was actually up a few hundred words this week, believe it or not, at 12, 391 words written total.

     (Can I get a round of applause.)

     So, now that I've gotten all the dirty work done its time to set some new goals for the week. And this is the worst thing to do on a Monday morning when I'm so tired and desperately in need of a nap, but here it goes.

     For "Bound" I'm going to up the goal to 8,000 for the week. Since this story is so close to being finished I'm going to place my full attention towards it so I can finish and place my attention to the next project that's close to being done.

     For "A Touch of Frost" I'm going to stick with my 2,000 word goal.

     For "A Captured Angel" I'm going to make the goal 1,000 words, which I hopefully with go above and beyond, at least that's my dream, but we will see how that goes.

     Now, that those are all laid out, and I'm sure to regret these after my nap, I'm back off to bed for a little while before I need to pick the kiddo from school.

****

Happy Writing.
Raven K. Asher



No comments:

Post a Comment