Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tuesday Teaser

Tuesday Teaser


I released the first three chapters of this story in the end of Ivan's book, from The Vampires of Linbridge, but I decided to rewrite it from the start. Here's a sample from one of the new chapters. I've gone back to the beginning when Ava first gets turned. It's still a bit rough so bear with me. I'm getting a lot of progress done with this story and I can't wait to share more of it with you.

Enjoy!!

****

My heart gets lodged in my throat as I turn down the dark road that would take me home. It was the fastest way to go but it took me through a small forest that separated one side of the town from the other.
As I reach the trees the car chugs and the lights flash.
I curse and silently plead for it to behave itself.
My luck only gets worse as it chugs again and then stalls. I manage to pull off to the side of the road before I whimper softly.
I lock my doors and then reach into my pocket to grab my phone.
I pull it out and curse my luck again. The screen was black. It was dead which meant I had no way to contact anyone.
A loud howl cuts through the silence of the night and I shiver in fear.
“This cannot possibly get worse.” I mutter as I stare out the windshield.
After a few moments a set of headlights light up my car before they pull in behind me. I glance back nervously as someone exits the car.
They walk up to my window and then knock on it.
I roll it down a little bit.
“Do you need help?” The young man asks with an easy grin.
“My car won’t start and my phone is dead. If you could let me use your phone to make a call that’s all I’d need.” I reply.
“I’m sorry. I don’t actually have a phone.” He answers.
“I could give you a ride home if you’d like.” He then insists. “A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be out here all alone.”
“I’d rather not leave my car.” I reply.
He nods and then glances down the road before turning his attention back towards me.
“You could have made this easy for me.” He bites out as his eyes turn red.
I rush to roll up my window but before I can get it up he smashes his hand through the glass. I scream in terror as he reaches inside for me.
Somehow I manage to slip out of my seatbelt before I exit the other side of the car.
Tears fill my eyes as I begin running as fast as my feet could carry me.
It’s useless.
I skid to a stop as the vampire appears in front of me.
“Don’t be like that. I just want a taste. I won’t hurt you.” He promises.
“Yeah, like I’m going to believe that. You just punched out my window.” I snap while I step back away from him as he moves forward.
“You ticked me off.” He growls.
A devilish smirk spreads across his lips as he stalks closer. “Just one bite and this will be all over. You can go home and pretend it never happened.”
“No.” I reply weakly.
“Too bad…” He replies before he suddenly grabs me in his arms.
A scream falls from my lips as he bites into my neck savagely.


****


Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher