Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tuesday Teaser for Brave!!

Tuesday Teaser!!


Today's teaser is from Brave, Book 4 in The Onyx Wolves Series. This bit is after Parker meets Jake's brothers Kane, Max, Flynn, Dane, Larik, and Gavin, who are also shape-shifting bears. Parker already met Kane briefly in Book 3 but Kane has more of a presence in this book. I'm nearly finished writing this book so watch closely for more teasers and a release date. Enjoy!!

****

We need to go, now.” Kane stresses as he runs into my room with me and Jake.
I shove the remaining clothes into my bag before turning towards Kane as Jake grabs my other bag from the bed.
“We’re ready.” I reply.
“Good, the rest of your pack are in the truck with my brothers.” Kane replies.
“Lucas…?” I whisper.
“He’s with your silver wolf. He hasn’t let go of him.” Kane replies.
I nod and then glance around at my room before moving forward. Together Kane, Jake, and I run downstairs before we exit the house.
I run towards the garage and grab the keys to my bike and then to my jeep.
“You can take the jeep, Kane.” I state while tossing him the keys. “Jake and I will take my bike.”
Without saying a word Kane grabs my bags from me and Jake before jumping into the jeep while Jake climbs onto my bike. I slip on behind him and then hand him the keys.
The engine roars to life before Jake backs us out of the garage.
Kane stops the jeep near his truck where the others were. Dane, Gavin, and Larik jump out of the truck before getting into the jeep.
Seconds later we take off down the driveway.
The gate opens at an agonizingly slow pace but once it’s open we ride through.
My heart beats wildly in my chest as I tighten my grasp around Jake’s waist as he speeds down the roads, following the jeep and truck.
We don’t make it far before two bikes join us.
They had hunters in full gear riding them.
“Jake…” I stress nervously as they gain ground on us.
“Do you trust me?” Jake asks.
“Yes.” I reply quickly.
He grunts and then revs the bike to go faster. He pulls next to the truck and then glances over to Flynn and Max in the back of the truck.
“I want you to jump, Parker.” Jake states loudly.
Without hesitating I move on the back of the bike. I stand up and then wait for Flynn to hold his hands out towards me.
“Now, Parker…” Jake commands as he moves closer to the truck.
I leap and grab for Flynn.
He manages to grab me before pulling me into the back of the truck. He holds onto me tightly as Jake slows down. Once he’s next to the jeep he moves to stand up on the bike.
Dane reaches out for him and Jake leaps towards the jeep.
My heart nearly skips a beat as he grabs hold of the jeep’s side. He slips and nearly falls but Dane manages to pull him inside.
The bike wobbles for a brief moment before rolling. The hunters behind it don’t get the chance to swerve out of the way as my bike comes their way.
In seconds they hit the road causing pieces of twisted metal and shattered plastic to skid across the road along with the four bodies of the hunters.
“Damn…” Flynn whispers as I bury my face against his chest.
Even though they had been hell-bent on killing us I still didn’t like the thought of taking a life.
There was no way they could have survived a wreck like that and if they had then they were in one hell of a world of hurt.
After a few moments Flynn pushes me to sit down between him and Max.
“You’ve got guts, Wolf.” Flynn states. “I’ll give you that.”
I remain quiet as I watch Jake now sitting in the passenger seat of the jeep behind us.
He gives me a reassuring smile while Flynn wraps his arm around my shoulders.
“Jake is tougher than you think, Sweetheart. That little jump was nothing for him.” Flynn states before snorting. “I imagine that you taking that leap scared him more than anything.”
“His jump scared me.” I reply.
“You really care about him, don’t you?” Flynn replies.
“I do.” I answer honestly.
Even though everything between me and Jake wasn’t real we had become close. I cared about him and the way that he was looking at me now said that he cared about me too.



****


Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher