Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday Teaser

Tuesday Teaser!!

Here it is, the teaser that I promised for the newest book in The Vampires of Linbridge series. It's now available to pre-order. The release date is for Friday July 27th, 2018. The cover and description are first. The teaser is below. Enjoy!! 

Pre-Order Here - James: Book 3.5 (The Vampires of Linbridge)

Other Retailers - books2read.com/u/3G95ZQ


****


Just when everything seems to be falling apart, it suddenly comes back together leaving James and the clan in a state of shock. One second Ivan was gone and the next he’s living and breathing as if nothing had ever happened. It’s a joyous moment but one that doesn’t feel real.
Once the shock wears off James is left with some unresolved feelings that had been bothering him even before Ivan’s death. They need to be dealt with, but first, he has a detour to take.
That detour takes him to Jack’s hotel along with Drake.
Staying at Jack’s are a small group of hunters; hunters who have ties to the ones who had nearly destroyed the clan. To defeat the threat that they pose James is more than ready to kill. He’s prepared to do whatever it takes to ensure Harper’s safety, but he’s also determined to handle the situation without Erik.
Of course, when Erik finds out about James's secret, he rushes in to take over. His presence alone annoys James. He’s had enough of taking orders and lately Erik has been more overbearing than usual.
They clash, and Erik does something drastic to put James back into his place. It’s a move that ends up nearly costing James his life when they attack the hunters.
After the hunters are destroyed James and Erik are left figuring out how to repair their relationship. They find their way but not before their lives become even more complicated.
Will this new complication destroy their clan entirely or will it bring them closer? Only time will tell.


****


Teaser

“James, you can come with me and, Drake, you can go with Jack,” Erik announces.
Drake grunts in agreement while Jack nods his head.
I, on the other hand, sigh while scrubbing my hand over my face. I hated that Erik was going to be right next to me the entire time. He would more than likely keep me from ever having the chance to take down one of the hunters.
“Do you have a problem, James?” Erik questions me.
“As a matter of fact, I do.” I blurt before I can stop myself.
“Jack, do you mind if we have a moment alone?” Erik sighs as he turns his attention towards Jack and Drake.
Jack nods and then pats Drake’s arm. “Come on; I’ll show you which room we’ll be going in.”
Without another word Jack and Drake exit the office.
Once they’re gone, Erik releases a low growl. “I’m getting really sick of this, James. We’ve never had issues like this before, so what’s changed?”
“Like I said before, you’ve changed.” I snap.
Before he can say a word, I continue. “You’ve become a controlling asshole, Erik. Everything we do, every move we make, has to be approved by you. It was never that way before.”
“That’s because we didn’t have Harper,” Erik replies. “Did you not see what she went through when we lost Ivan? I’d rather avoid that at any cost. If I’m being controlling it’s because I don’t want anyone going off on a suicide mission like you’re doing right now.”
He takes a moment before speaking again. “You lied straight to my face, James. That’s something that you’ve never done before.”
“I didn’t have much of a choice. You would never have let me leave.” I reply.
“Damn right I wouldn’t have.” Erik breathes out.
Silence fills the room as Erik turns his back towards me while brushing his hand through his hair.
For a moment, images of attacking Erik run through my mind.
Without warning my anger builds while my fangs cut into my bottom lip. The vampire within me was more than willing to test Erik and his position as leader of our clan. It was an odd feeling but a powerful one that I honestly didn’t want to go away.
I take a step forward just before Erik turns back around to face me.
In an instant, his eyes turn red. “You don’t want to do this, James.”
“Yes, I do.” I bite out.
“James, if you attack me then Harper will never forgive you,” Erik warns.
“I can deal with that after I’m the leader. At least then I’ll be able to have her whenever I choose, and the rest of you will have to wait for your turns.” I reply.
There was a part of me screaming to stop, but I couldn’t seem to.
My vampire side was very much in control, and there was no reining it in now. It was too late for that especially after what I had just said.
Without warning, Erik rushes forward. He slams into me while wrapping his hand around my throat. As we fall to the floor, he squeezes his hand just enough to cut off my air.
My head hits the unforgiving concrete floor with a crack.
The world around me spins as sparks flicker in my eyes.
All fight leaves my body instantly.
“I didn’t want to do this, James. You forced my hand.” Erik bites out as he glares down at me with unbridled anger.
“You cracked my skull.” I choke out.
“And now you’ve learned that I will never take a threat lightly. I don’t care how long you’ve been a part of my clan; I won’t hold back when you threaten what’s mine.” Erik growls before he loosens his grasp.
“There it is; the truth. You don’t want the rest of us to have Harper.” I whisper while closing my eyes.
Erik stands and then walks away without saying another word.
I remain on the floor while my head aches from the trauma it had endured.
“James…?” Drake breathes out as he walks into the room suddenly. “What happened?”
“I challenged Erik and lost, that’s what happened,” I answer honestly.


****


Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher