Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tuesday Teaser!!

Tuesday Teaser


Since I've been working on the next book in The Onyx Wolves Series I've decided to give you a teaser from Brave, Book 4. Enjoy!

****

“We need to figure out what we’re going to do with Blue and Harley.” Jake stresses as he walks into the kitchen were the rest of us were eating breakfast. “We can’t keep them locked in the basement forever.”
Each of us was exhausted thanks to Harley’s constant screaming. We hadn’t had a good night’s sleep in three days.
My temper was reaching its limit.
I couldn’t take much more; my wolf couldn’t take it much longer either.
“Harley can stay down there until she takes her last breath as far as I care.” I bite out a bit harshly.
“Parker…” Rowan breathes out.
“I could take her to my father if you’d rather not have her here. My father is known for his treatment of prisoners. He’s ruthless and cruel until he gets the answers he needs.” Jake suggests.
“Take her.” I breathe out without hesitating.
Jake snorts and then turns his attention towards Rowan.
After a few moments Rowan sighs. “Do you think your father could get any more information out of her than we have?”
Jake shrugs. “It’s worth a try. He might not be able to but at least you guys won’t have to listen to her another day. My father has a place where she can scream all she wants and not a soul will hear her.”
Rowan glances around the room before nodding his head. “Then take her.”
I swear everyone breathes out a sigh of relief.
“Alright, I’ll take her as soon as I eat some breakfast.” Jake announces.
“When is London coming?” I ask, changing the subject slightly.
“He called earlier and said that he would be here this afternoon.” Dillon answers around a mouthful of bacon.
“Good.” I breathe out.
 Without warning Harley begins screaming. Everyone groans in response, even Blue from his spot in the room next to her.
“Shut up, woman.” He yells in attempt to get her to stop.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t help.
“Do you have to eat breakfast, Jake?” Dillon groans dramatically.
Jake chuckles lightly until he glances around the room at the rest of us who were not amused in the slightest. We wanted Harley gone as soon as possible.
“I’ll eat quickly.” He insists.


****


Happy Reading!!



Raven K. Asher