Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tuesday Teaser!!

Tuesday Teaser!!

While everyone's been reading Blood I've been working on Book 2.5. This one is going to be in Ivan's point of view. I chose him because there's a lot going on with him right now and he needed a voice to explain it all. I haven't created a cover yet so bear with me. The good news is that I'm nearly finished and I will be moving directly on to book 3. For now here's a teaser from Ivan's POV. Enjoy!!

****

The second Harper pulls away my world becomes dark once again. Our moment had ended and definitely not in the way that I had expected.
Her eyes revealed her disgust.
I swear my chest felt as if she had punched her hand straight through my chest to squeeze the life out of my heart.
Instead of sticking around to hear anything that she had to say I walk away.
Once I’m in my room I slam the door shut before leaning back against it.
Closing my eyes I try and fail to block the pain slicing through my heart. I pant for my next breath before whimpering softly.
When I can’t take any more I grab the nearest object, which happened to be a framed picture of Harper, and I, and throw it against the wall. The glass shatters and then falls to the floor.
I growl out as I grab something else and throw it.
Before I know it everything in my room is left lying in broken pieces on the floor.
I freeze in place when the door squeaks open.
“Oh, Ivan…” Harper whispers.
“Go away, Harper.” I snap a bit too harshly.
“No.” She replies stubbornly.
Growling in frustration I turn to face her before pointing towards the door. “Leave now.”
She shakes her head while crossing her arms across her chest. “No.”
“Damn it, Harper, just leave.” I try one more time.
“I’m not going to leave, Ivan. Not like this, not when you’re…” She trails off.
“When I’m what, Harper?” I grit out. “…When I’m about to lose control, when I’m about to rip my heart out because it hurts too much, or would you rather stare at me with disgust some more?”
“Enough, Ivan…” She snaps. “I’m worried about you, okay. I still care about you.”
“Then why did you look at me like the very thought of biting me made you sick?” I push.
 “I was angry with myself, Ivan.”She replies. “I didn’t want you to take more away from what happened than what it actually meant.”
“Obviously I knew it didn’t mean anything.” I growl out.
“Are you sure because from where I’m standing it appears that it meant much more to you than just nothing.” Harper argues while waving her hands around at the wreckage in my room.
“What does it matter anymore, Harper? You’ve already replaced me. You never have to love me again. James, Erik, and Silas can give you everything you want and need.” I reply.
“Ivan…” Harper begins softly. “I still need you.”
“No. You’re just being selfish.” I bite out.
“And you’re being a jerk.” She snarls. “Did you really think this would be easy, that it would be easy to stand in front of you after what you did to me?”
“I’m sorry, Harper.” I reply. “How can I make you see how sorry I am?”
She shakes her head while closing her eyes. “You just don’t get it, Ivan.”
“What is there to get?” I ask.
“You crushed my heart and then you flaunted your relationship with Clara in front of me. I can’t look at you, even now, without seeing her still.” Harper replies.

“I will never be able to get close to you until she disappears completely.” She adds.

****

Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher