Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Teaser Tuesday!!

Teaser Tuesday!!

This weeks teaser is from Blood, Book 2 in The Vampires of Linbridge Series. There's a new character coming to town!Enjoy!!

****

          “Would someone like to tell me what’s happening?” The stranger nearly screams as he places his hands on the back of his head nervously.
          “Harper is a special kind of vampire, Silas.” Godric answers him. “She only drinks other vampire’s blood. She is harmless to humans, such as you.”
          “Seriously…?” He barks out in disbelief.
          “Yes.” Godric replies shortly.
          “Godric, she bit me pretty deep.” Drake breathes out.
          “I’ll stay and heal you afterward then.” Godric sighs as he turns his attention back to us. “I need to speak with you, Megan, and Tyler anyway.”
          “Megan, can you get me another bag of blood?” Drake asks.
          This time Megan hands the bag to Silas. He stares at it for a moment before bringing it over to Drake. He holds it out towards us and I growl.
          Drake chuckles as he pulls my back against his chest while I continue to feed. “Easy, Silas, she gets a little possessive when she drinks. Most vampires do actually, and it’s best you don’t forget that.”
          Silas nods and then tries again to give Drake the bag of blood. This time I release my bite on Drake before I lunge towards Silas. Before I can bite him Drake grabs a hold of me.
“What was that?” Drake laughs nervously as I fight against him.
            “Silas, step back.” Godric commands before moving in front of me.
            He studies me closely before glancing over my shoulder at Drake. “Has she ever done that before with any human?”
           “No. That was a first.” Drake answers him.
           “Huh…” Godric breathes out.
            He turns to Silas before grabbing his arms roughly. Silas’s eyes go wide before he begins fighting against Godric’s grasp.
           “Silas, this would go a lot easier if you’d stop fighting me.” Godric growls out.
           “You can’t be seriously.” Silas spits out. “I did not sign up for this shit.”
           “This is the price you pay to live in this town.” Godric snaps. “Now, stop fighting.”
           “Godric, stop.” Drake demands.
           Instead of allowing Godric to follow through with whatever he had planned Drake holds onto me tightly with one arm while he place his wrist back into my mouth. My hunger takes over the rest. I close my eyes and drink down his blood as I sigh softly and relax against his body.
          “Maybe it would be best if I took her back to James.” Drake sighs.
          Finally gaining control I pull away from Drake. “I’ll be alright here with you guys, Drake.”
          “Are you sure about that?” Drake questions as he spins me around to face him. “You just tried to attack Silas.”
         “I’m fine. I just lost control for a few seconds.” I insist.
         He searches my eyes for a few moments before nodding his head. “Alright, but if you stay here you’re not leaving my side, okay.”

****

Happy Reading!!


Raven K. Asher