Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekly Update 12/8

Weekly Update 12/ 8

      Alright, today's weekly update is going to be short and sweet. I didn't nearly get the word count I wanted and sadly I only reached one of my goals, but I did go above and beyond it.

      For my story "Bound" I had set the goal of 8,000 words and I ended up with 9,965 words written. That's nearly 2,000 words over my goal. I couldn't be more excited since this places me that much closer to finishing book one in the series.

      For "The Captured Angel" I didn't write a single word, which trust me I want to kick my butt for. I hate not getting any progress even if its only a few words.

      I also didn't write anything for "A Touch of Frost", another kick to my butt.

      But what I did get done was lots of editing. Due to an injury to my wrist earlier in the week this was all I could really do, so I guess it wasn't all bad. Writing for long periods of time just aggravated the injury so all I could do was small bursts which is great when editing.

      For this week I am hoping that the injury won't hinder me, but I think I will be keeping my goals down low just so that I don't cause myself anymore undue problems.

      God only knows how much it killed me to take an entire day off.

      I didn't even know what to do with myself.

      So, this weeks goals are going to be, for Bound I would like to add 5,000 words. For A Touch of Frost I'd like to add 2,000 words, and for The Captured Angel, I would like to add 1,000 words.

      Ideally, I would love to go above any beyond these goals this week and I really hope I do, but again I don't want to set myself up to fail. That's not what any of this is about. I want to give myself that sense of accomplishment not bring myself down.

     That's the reason for goals, to build yourself up. And to give yourself something to be proud of for the week. Throw yourself a mini party for going that extra length. It's about the fun and challenge of getting to those goals. That's what makes me happiest.

     And that's why I encourage every writer to make goals for themselves, whether its public like mine or written down in a secret little black book, make goals and then break them.

****

Happy Writing.
Raven K. Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment