Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2014

Teaser for "Alone"

Alone

**Coming February 2nd, 2015**


(This small teaser is from Gale's point of view)

****

I couldn't believe my eyes.
She had just run off without a word.
Glancing over at my brother with shock he shakes his head. “Well, what do we do now?”
“We run after her. She has to know of somewhere safe to hide.” He sighs.
I nod and head off in the direction the girl had taken.
Thankfully, it doesn't take us long to catch up to her.
Glancing back she lets out a low growl before speeding up. It was almost like she was trying to leave us behind, to lose us.
And I couldn't even begin to wonder why.
I run up next to her as I fight to keep her pace. “Where are we running to?”
She says nothing.
Suddenly, she stops in the middle of the woods and reaches down to life a hatch that we had just run over.
Looking towards me she groans and then motions for all of us to go down into the dark hole.
Glancing towards Evan he shrugs before heading down the ladder with Abby and Alice following.
Quickly following, the girl steps onto the ladder and stays at the top securing some sort of lock as we all descend down to the dark bottom.
Abby clutches my arm tightly in the dark as we all huddle together staring up at the one who had saved us.
Once a loud click echoes through the hole she slides down the ladder like a fireman on a pole.
Her eyes lock with mine with hatred once she reaches the bottom.

“Thank you.”I whisper trying to calm her.

****

Thanks for Reading.
Raven K. Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment