Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Q&A and some Facts for the novella series Eden One

Eden One, Season One

 
Ok, so I know I haven't given much information about my upcoming novella series Eden One, but I didn't quite know where the story was going. I'm able to give you details now since the story has taken on a life of its own and I've also gotten a good bit of the episodes finished and ready for the October release.
 
With this story I've kind of given it free reign on which directions it wants to go. I have not written out plans for this, nor do I know where it will lead. One benefit of my writing style, but also a downfall of my writing style.
 
The only thing I really have an idea on is how I plan on ending the season so that I can begin working with the next season. But whether or not I'm able to stick with that idea will be up in the air until the words are written down.
 
The closer I get to episode eighteen the more details I will release.
 
Now, on with the information I know most of you are dying to hear.

****

First, I'll start off with a Q&A.

Q: What is Eden One about?
A: Eden One is about life after Earth becomes unlivable, it begins in a space station following a girl and her team that are about to be sent to a new planet.

Q: When does the story take place?
A: The story takes place 237 years in the future.

Q: Who is the main character, and what kind of character can we expect?
A: The main character is Mackenzie Frost, or also known as Mac, and Kenzie throughout the episodes. She is a very strong female lead who overcomes more than most. She leads her team through the unknown world they have landed on.

Q: Who are some of the other characters we will see?
A: Some of the main characters you will meet are, Max, Kenzie's second in command and best friend. He is quiet through most of the episodes but he gains his voice in later episodes. The next character you'll see is Maddox, you will come to know him very well throughout the stories and he becomes a big part of life on this new planet. Next there is Fox, a native from the planet, also known as a Duine. Then there are the three Gealtach, another race of beings on the planet, they are Jett, Dax, and Nixon. So far in the story they have taken a backseat but as I write the episodes they will become more prominent. Those are just a handful of the characters you will meet, and all in love with.

Q: What kind of drama can we expect?
A: There is more than enough drama packed into each episode. Each episode holds a task that the characters must overcome, a new enemy to face, a new love interest, a fight, a love triangle, you name it there is some sort of drama going on.

Q: Who will Mackenzie fall for?
A: That's a hard one to answer considering within the story she falls for a few of the male characters. She has to overcome her own dramas before she can really find the one she wants to be with, but as she finds that path there will be some good steamy moments between.

Q: Are any of the other characters going to take lead in any of the episodes?
A: Yes, I've already written a few episodes to shine a light down on another character in the story. For example, Fox will take up an entire episode for himself. The story still goes on behind the scene with Kenzie so the story isn't hindered by this. It will just appear from his point of view. I also plan on episodes from Dax's POV, and from other characters as they enter the story. Like I said before I don't know exactly where the story will go so I can't exactly plan out who or what is going to happen.

Q: What do the natives look like?
A: The Duine's look much like humans but with just one major difference, they appear as different earthy colors. For example, Fox is a fire Duine so he is red from head to toe, even his hair is red. Another example is Riker, a water Duine, he appears in the story as a pale blue. But even those colors can be manipulated by the Duine as they carry powers to change much like a chameleon. They also have a set of razor sharp teeth which will be explained more throughout the story.

A: The Gealtach are similar to humans also but they have more massive size and appear with pale almost white skin that has constant moving tribal tattoos all over their skin. They too also carry powers but so far I haven't gone into much detail with them. As the story continues their powers will come to light.

Q: What other kind of creatures can we expect?
A: I'm adding in a few of the many hidden creatures of Eden One, so far I have exposed a catlike creature I've named a Cantuss. This creature appears as a lager cat with soft yellow feathers, but don't let that cuddly appearance fool you because it is a ferocious beast. I've also added in a deer like creature, named Juniper. You will also see creatures such as hummingbirds, dogs, and possibly something along the lines on a horse. We shall see what my imagination can come up with.

****

Alright, now that I hope I have answered some of your questions here is a few facts about Eden One.

Fun Facts:

1.) Duine is a word I've translated from the Irish language, it also means human.

2.) Gealtach is also used from the Irish language, it means insane, which you'll learn more about why I picked it as you read.

3.) My idea for Eden One was sparked by my husband and I's love of futuristic space movies. It only seemed natural for me to write about something we love so much.

4.) The color of the plants and other creatures are some of my oldest daughters ideas. She loves to help and she was oh so happy for me to use some of her ideas.

5.) There will be more uses of the Irish language within the book since it is one of my favorite languages.

6.) Expect lots of romance, fighting, and drama.

7.) You can also expect lots of awesome weapons and powers.

8.) There will also be more races of beings and more out-of-this world creatures.

**Like I said before this list will surely grow longer as I continue to write these episodes out and get closer to the end of season one.**
****
 
 
Last but not least, here is an overall general description of what I've written so far. It's a bit rough so please bare with me. It will get better with time and as I continue on with the story.
 
Description: 

     Two hundred and thirty seven years into the future, Mackenzie and her team of military fighters find themselves thrown into a battle amongst their own.
     With only one way escape they take it.
     They take a ship and fly down to the nearby planet that Mackenzie and her team had previously been picked to land on and investigate.
     What they don't know is that humans have already been to this planet.
     After meeting a few of the native's also know as Duine's life on Eden One doesn't seem so bleak. But the dangers and other beings they encounter are just the tip of the iceberg of danger they encounter and are forced to overcome.
     When Mackenzie ends up kidnapped, her team must save her.
     Fox must give up his past differences and learn to work with his enemies to get her back. He must also fight his ghosts and overcome the darkness that has been growing inside of him.
     The only one who can truly save him is Kenzie, she becomes the reason for him to live, to fight, and the only light that fills his darkness.
     With so much at stake only time will tell what will happen, or who will survive.
     Will they make new enemies, or will they come together?
     Will they escape the planet?


















No comments:

Post a Comment